Saturday, August 30, 2008

North India - Day 2: Mervyn joined us at Delhi


While waiting for Mervyn's arrival, Nan, Joe and I went to Lakshimi Narayan Temple. I wasn’t too impressed and won’t recommend it unless you have absolutely nothing to do in Delhi. Then to Cannaught Palace; not too exciting around there either.


When Mervyn arrived, we went to Jama Masjid.


Inside Jama Masjid.


Shoes were not allowed and girls have to put on these hideous shawls even though we had sleeves while the guys had to cover their calves.


It's quite normal for a foreigner to be stared at but somehow being stared at in here felt a wee bit uncomfortable.


We drove by Chandni Chowk after that but got overwhelmed by the crowd so we left right after our auto-rickshaw driver had a sip of water.


Next stop is Humayun’s Tomb. This is a World Heritage monument and is a bit of a distance from Old Delhi but it was worth the trip. According to LP, the impressive architecture and the beautiful surrounding gardens were to be refined over the years to create Taj Mahal.








Inside


Why is my outfit so uncoordinated, you asked? I forgot to bring a belt and my linen pants were falling off so I had to put on a neutral bottom and this was my only option.

More pictures of Delhi

No comments: